Our blog is dedicated to seasonal living: cooking with local produce (sometimes our own), sewing for the home and searching out vintage bargains.

We believe that most of the pleasure is in the journey - in the making and creating, even if in a simple way.

Wednesday 9 April 2014

A dress for Grace

Spots are still as popular as ever it seems. I thought this navy blue would make a sweet dress for little Gracie, and I'm a bit more sure about the fit now having made one for her last week. The pattern was a bargain from a car boot...can't believe the price of new patterns...loads of money!
This is the pattern I used...only 75p so a real bargain, and I'll be able to use it several times.
...some of these were bargains too...old patterns are still really usable. And I love that the top one was three shillings and sixpence.

4 comments:

  1. oh the dotty dress is so sweet x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wouldn't mind a dress like that myself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks so cute - makes me want to get out my sewing machine out. I love sewing but don't get much time these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh that is so so sweet....following along with your pretty blog now!
    bestest and happy easter daisy j x

    ReplyDelete