Our blog is dedicated to seasonal living: cooking with local produce (sometimes our own), sewing for the home and searching out vintage bargains.

We believe that most of the pleasure is in the journey - in the making and creating, even if in a simple way.

Sunday 27 July 2014

A touch of creativity

I am not...not...not a flower arranger but every year we have a flower festival in our local village church and I have learned that actually everyone is a bit creative.


This year I raced from Summer School and stood in dismay in front of the space I was supposed to fill. I was "doing" Ireland armed with flowers (I didn't even know the names of some), a bodhran, race programmes, binoculars and a few other bits and pieces. About an hour in, the church quiet, cool and filled with the scents of flowers, I realised that I was enjoying myself - in a really calm mood. It worked a spell!




1 comment: