Our blog is dedicated to seasonal living: cooking with local produce (sometimes our own), sewing for the home and searching out vintage bargains.

We believe that most of the pleasure is in the journey - in the making and creating, even if in a simple way.

Wednesday 22 October 2014

Very jammy...


...and not just in the pan, unfortunately. 

I do love making jam and filling jars with all that sweet fruit, ready for jam on toast (especially if it's toast done by the fire), or to fill sponge cakes.  But such a messy job...or is that just me?  This is plum jam, one of my favourites, and not too many stones to skim!

2 comments:

  1. Looks amazing, I totally agree I seem to make a mess as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My preference is for raspberry jam, especially on toast. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete