Our blog is dedicated to seasonal living: cooking with local produce (sometimes our own), sewing for the home and searching out vintage bargains.

We believe that most of the pleasure is in the journey - in the making and creating, even if in a simple way.

Wednesday 23 March 2011

A project...stage 1

Well, I suppose the first stage really was getting all the bits from a friend's garage loft.  And what a lot of bits there are!


Just a few of the million pieces.


Can you tell what it is yet?

After much heated debate (argument) and several hours, it began to take shape, not helped by the fact that there were no written instructions (not that, being male, they would have read them...ha!) 
The Krypton Factor's got nothing on this.

It may be some while before I can reveal stage 2.


So how about some flowers to keep us going. 



6 comments:

  1. Oh, the daffodils and lungwort are so sweet :) My garden is still covered in snow, but it is about to start melting now, and I'm waiting for the first bulbs to shoot.

    Good luck with your project... is it a greenhouse? I look forward to seeing how it comes along :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been reading your blog with interest for a short while, so I thought I would just say hello.

    I hope you get as much pleasure from your greenhouse as I do from mine. I'm looking forward to "stage 2"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been hankering after one of those for a while now....but I'm scared that if I get one it will end up like the loft and the garage...full of stuff not meant to be there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to stage 2 - we don't have room for a greenhouse ...... well, we did have room, but we decided to have a summerhouse instead!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to seeing the next stage! I'd love a greenhouse but I'm not that green fingered!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky you, I wish that I had one! Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete