Our blog is dedicated to seasonal living: cooking with local produce (sometimes our own), sewing for the home and searching out vintage bargains.

We believe that most of the pleasure is in the journey - in the making and creating, even if in a simple way.

Monday 28 February 2011

Day out in Shrewsbury


Shrewsbury is such an interesting town to visit, full of half-timbered buildings and hidden alleyways to explore.  I'm not sure if you can make it out, but this little street on the right of the photo is Grope Lane.  For all too obvious reasons this always brings a smile to Les's face, even more so when I have to anticipate and discourage likely silly behaviour!


The view down Grope Lane...all very civilised.  Lovely little shops to explore...I can recommend Wysteria Lane for gorgeous gifts.


And Bear Steps, leading up to the sweetest little half-timbered building, used as a cafe, with ceilings so low even I can hardly stand up straight.

5 comments:

  1. Extremely interesting works and sharing it is great! Happy to find you and be around. Welcome!
    Love: Julia/Blue bird :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh looks so nice! I'm gettting really homesick at the moment!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! Last time I was in Shrewsbury I met with a friend and we had afternoon tea in that little cafe just up the Bear Steps. Love the names of the little streets there like Grope Lane and Dogpile etc:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never been, but it looks lovely!Grope Lane,that made me smile...
    Warm Wishes,
    Callie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't been to Shrewsbury for around 20 years - time I paid another visit and explored some of those ancient streets and lanes. I was really sad when Brother Cadfael's Garden closed as I loved it in there

    ReplyDelete